Morgan Sindall Engineering Solutions are seeking an ambitious and talented Project Design Engineer to join our design consultancy within one of the most successful businesses in the UK construction and Infrastructure Industry.
As an in-house team of experts, Morgan Sindall Engineering Solutions offer leading design innovation and technical support across Morgan Sindall Construction & Infrastructure, as well as the wider Morgan Sindall Group.
Our engineering design specialists work in collaboration with project teams to devise designs for vitally important infrastructure projects across the UK, deploying our expert capabilities to make customers’ ambitions a reality.
As a Project Engineer you will.
- Be responsible for organising and undertaking civil and structural design and checking work on a wide variety of projects and providing other professional services.
- Act as Project Manager for moderate sized projects with responsibility for the delivery and control of design solutions. This will include commercial, quality and programme responsibilities and managing project teams.
- Interact with client contacts for the projects you deliver recognising that the customer comes first.
- Develop effective working relationships with client contacts.
- Ensure that high standards are maintained from yourself, direct reports and other members of the MSES team.
- Be responsible for maintaining high engineering standard and quality for all works under your control.
- Endeavour to continuously improve your own knowledge and performance as well as that of your direct reports with support and mentorship provided.
You are a chartered or near chartered Civil or Structural Engineer with experience in temporary and/or permanent works design. You will have a sound knowledge of construction practices and standards.
- Be qualified to a minimum of BEng(Hons) but preferably MEng in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Be a chartered or near chartered Civil or Structural Engineer
- Have knowledge and understanding with previous experience in the design of a range of civil engineering permanent and/or temporary works schemes.
- Be able to undertake design with no or only moderate guidance.
- Be able to compile fee proposals for small to moderate projects.
- Have experience of working to project budgets and programme.
- Have experience of dealing with client contacts.
Whether providing geotechnical services, design management, permanent and temporary works design above and below ground, digital engineering capabilities such as spatial modelling and Building Information Modelling (BIM), or material engineering, we think differently about design. Our people seamlessly apply innovative ideas to projects from inception to delivery, all to provide exceptional engineering solutions for customers.
Acting as a ‘centre of excellence’ for our projects, our team of designers and engineers understand the bigger picture, providing advice for carbon reducing products and methods within a safe by design culture. By applying life cycle forward thinking design to every phase, we not only develop solutions for the overarching programme; we also add value to the detailed aspects, advising and recommending practical ways to enhance overall delivery, identifying and minimising risks, while embedding best value throughout each project.
We provide these services across a number of sectors including Highways, Nuclear, Energy, Water, Aviation, Rail, Construction, Housing and Fit out.
Why work for us?
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a successful, growing and exciting team to develop and hone your technical capability whilst working towards professional qualifications.
Our approach to adaptable working means that we are not constrained by location and can support hybrid working. We encourage applications from those who may be looking for a role with reduced or compressed hours, as well as those who are looking for full-time roles.
Beyond professional development, we believe in enriching careers by encouraging people to build relationships and participate in activities outside of their direct role. We recognise that people are individuals first and do our best to understand who they are and what motivates them in and out of work. Whatever their background, we want to help everyone get the best out of their work and home lives.
We have a community of diverse individuals with shared goals and a strong, supportive, and inclusive culture. Collectively, our people play an invaluable role in shaping the UK’s infrastructure and contributing to our long-term sustainable growth.
Our culture is open, collaborative, and aspirational, built upon a commitment to deliver innovative and responsible design which connects people, places, and communities.
We believe in making a positive difference to your work and personal life. We recognise that you do not get out of bed in the morning solely as ‘an employee’, you are also a mother, father, carer, volunteer, sports coach to name but a few. We acknowledge that you have both personal and career goals and we are here to support you to be successful.