Senior Engineer – M&E
Location: South Wales
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for one of the most successful and secure companies within the UK Construction and Infrastructure industry with a vision to be a market leader across all of the sectors in which we operate?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners, ourselves, and our employees.
With talented people as the key to our success we operate a culture whereby personal and professional development are at the forefront of our efforts to attract and retain the best people in the industry.
Working within the DCWW Framework area covering the whole of the South Wales area, a colleague at this level will take responsibility for delivering specific tasks, goals and objectives. They will work under direction but will be able to work without day to day support. They are expected to work proactively and deliver defined tasks to an industry standard.
They will manage their own tasks within the context of a project or company objective. Whilst they will take day to day decisions on their own, they will refer significant decisions. They are accountable for the performance of a small team.
In operations they will manage small or medium projects and site. They supervise larger teams of trades of co-ordinate significant functions on a larger project.
In commercial they will manage costs and quantities on small projects or as part of a team on a larger project.
Summary of role
The Project / Senior Engineer role will include carrying out and co-ordinating a number of tasks on multiple schemes throughout the project life cycle.
This will include surveys, design reviews, procurement, site installation, commissioning and handover to ensure safe, successful execution and completion of projects to defined timescales, quality standards and commercial objectives.
Responsibilities and accountabilities
- Reporting to the M&E Project Manager, a positive, “can do” approach, determined to succeed, the Project Engineer will be able to work on their own initiative and form part of a successful team.
- Ability to communicate and manage relationships both internal and external.
- Work with the Project Teams to produce and review project plans / programmes.
- To ensure all projects are driven to provide the best value solutions, and delivered on time and within budgets.
- Ensure all engineering designs meet required standards.
- Regular site visits to monitor progress, identify and resolve problems and ensuring compliance with the programme.
- To oversee all aspects of the project completion phase.
- Review projects and close out reports with the Project Manager and identify the main issues for continuous learning and improvement.
Qualifications, training and technical knowledge
BTEC HNC Engineering (appropriate course content)
Detailed knowledge of Engineering
Commercial knowledge and understanding
Health, Safety and Environmental systems and procedures.
Morgan Sindall minimum standard requirements for the role.
Attributes and skills
- Ability to work in a team environment contributing across a project, site or area
- Good management skills, with the ability to motivate self and colleagues to perform
- Good planning and time management skills; able to manage activities simultaneously without compromising on standards and quality
- Ability to ensure standards and specifications are met
- Ability to work with colleagues to contribute to project and operational performance
- Sound knowledge of construction practises and standards
- Specialist knowledge in chosen field
If you would like to be considered for this great opportunity do not delay in applying as closing dates can be subject to change and applications are reviewed daily throughout the life-cycle of the recruitment process.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.