Project Commercial Director
Talented people are the key to our success
*Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.*
Would you like to work for one of the most successful and secure companies within the UK Construction and Infrastructure industry with a vision to be a market leader across all of the sectors in which we operate?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners, ourselves, and our employees.
With talented people as the key to our success we operate a culture whereby personal and professional development are at the forefront of our efforts to attract and retain the best people in the industry.
Purpose of the Role
Providing overall commercial leadership, strategic commercial direction and support to the Project Leadership Team and be the leader and focal point for the commercial team
- Providing commercial leadership and contract management direction and challenge for value to the project Leadership team and project decision making.
- Developing the project Commercial Strategy to support Business Case to meet the requirements of the Client’s Major Project assurance process and independent assurance reviews.
- Developing the project Contract Management Strategy to support Business Case to meet the requirements of the Client’s Major Project assurance process and independent assurance reviews.
- Engagement and support to the project Leadership team to finalise a robust strategic level 2 schedule.
- Engagement and involvement with project Aligned Delivery Team, Clients commercial assurance team and various programme, Client and external stakeholder groups to develop and implement a long-term strategy to support the project delivery.
- Engagement and involvement with Programme and Project Supply Chain teams and Supply Chain Framework Partners to identify project needs and secure engagement of Suppliers to align with and deliver to the project Schedule demands.
- Providing commercial support and challenge to the development Major Project
Total Price, inclusive of pricing strategy, development of pricing packs, supply
chain engagement and being the commercial bridge between Scope Owners and
the Estimating team.
- Engagement with and support to Leadership team peers to increase commercial awareness and bring commercial challenge into the design and technical solution development decision making process.
- Support and mentor Commercial Lead to build and develop a first-class commercial team to manage the procurement and contract management requirements for the project.
- Implement measures to ensure all contracts to be awarded meet both Morgan Sindall and Client governance commercial assurance requirements inclusive of Stakeholder management of both internal and external Stakeholders to appraise commercial performance of the project to meet Morgan Sindall and Client performance reporting needs.
- Establish, implement, and manage robust and reliable commercial forecasting and change management discipline across the commercial team to ensure accurate underpinning to monthly, quarterly and year end forecasting against respective Management Contractor Business led and project led targets. Establish, implement and manage change control process and procedures for identification, reporting and management across commercial and wider cross functional team to support accurate and timely reporting of change via project change management meetings/ processes.
- Preference given to BSc in Quantity Surveying, MRICS or equivalent professional accreditation. Experienced across all forms of Contract terms and a background in contracting organisations.
- Self-driven, results-orientated with a positive outlook
- Good management skills, with the ability to motivate employees to achieve high standards of compliance
- Excellent organisational skills, planning and time management skill; able to manage business priorities simultaneously without compromising on standards and quality
- Ability to monitor performance and intervene appropriately to ensure targets are achieved and exceeded
- Ability to ensure standards and specifications are met
- Ability to grow the business through identifying and exploiting specific opportunities
- Ability to see the wider picture and how their activities impact on direction and delivery
- Ability to work with senior management to set project and operational targets
- Excellent negotiation and diplomacy skills and
If you would like to be considered for this great opportunity do not delay in applying as closing dates can be subject to change and applications are reviewed daily throughout the life-cycle of the recruitment process.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.