Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Would you like to be part of working on a hugely important and complex project that will support Sellafield’s 100-year decommissioning mission?
About the Project:
Morgan Sindall Infrastructure has been awarded the civils and construction management contract on the 20-year Programme and Project Partnership framework with Sellafield Ltd.
At the core of the partnership is collaborative working, with the framework being delivered in conjunction with four other organisations.
The overriding aim of the Programme and Project Partnership is to bring together individuals with the right values and behaviours to deliver world class projects on the Sellafield site.
About the role:
To support the delivery of the SRP Project, we are seeking an Assistant Engineer / PES Engineer to join the MEICA team to support the delivery of control systems from the system integrator and Integrated Works Testing of control systems at subcontractor facilities, followed by installation and commissioning at Cumbria site, whilst maintaining design intent throughout.
As an Assistant Engineer you will:
- Attend subcontractor facilities in the UK (Gloucester, Chorley, Northampton) to support Integrated Works Testing Agreeing to the Safe System of Work
- Carry out putting-to-work and support commissioning of the control system, engineering plant and equipment at Sellafield site, Cumbria
- Assist the Technical Lead / Technical Manager in the management of engineering activities to support the delivery of the control system from the system integrator through to installation and commissioning at site
- Understand UK Regulations and Technical standards for relevant engineering discipline and Sellafield standards
- Assist in the assessment of subcontractor technical submissions, documents and drawings
- Plan, coordinate and execute engineering activities, under the direction of the Technical Lead / Technical Manager
- Assist and support the Technical Lead / Technical Manager in all aspects of safe planning and execution of engineering activities
- Assist and support direct labour resources and subcontractors in the safe implementation of engineering activities
- Provide and coordinate practical technical advice through implementation of engineering works
- Troubleshoot faults, recommend solutions, and implement corrective action / repairs
- Ensure project deliverables meet quality standards and customer specifications
Required Skills and Experience
- Control Systems Engineer with experience with SCADA & PLCs
- The ideal candidate will have previous major project experience, demonstrating successful delivery of work scope
- The Assistant Engineer - Control Systems will be capable of managing their area of responsibility independently
- Excellent communication skills and able to interface with all levels of the engineering organisation and subcontractors
- Degree level in Control Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering or demonstrable equivalent industry experience
- Be prepared to achieve incorporated professional registration and work towards professional registration
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience with Rockwell equipment
- Experience of relevant Sellafield standards including ES_1_2479_1 Implementation of Programmable Electronic System based Control and Monitoring and ES_1_2487_1 Operational Technology Cyber Security
- Knowledge / experience of data networking devices and protocols including servers, switches, routers, firewalls etc
- Knowledge / experience of virtualisation such as VMWare or similar technologies
- Two years’ experience in a similar role - previous nuclear experience is highly desirable though not essential providing that suitable experience can be demonstrated
The Role will Include
- Verifying control system design from the system integrator, responding to TQs and witness the testing of the control system by the system integrator
- Support control system installation and commissioning at subcontractor facilities and witnessing Integrated Works Testing
- Support the installation of the control system at Sellafield site and commissioning and testing
- Assist and provide oversight to the system integrator at subcontractor facilities during IWT and at Sellafield site during installation and commissioning
This role can be either nominally office or hybrid basis. There is a requirement to routinely interface with subcontractors at various UK locations and the Commissioning team at Sellafield site. Travel will therefore be necessary for variable duration's depending on the phase of the project.
About our Nuclear team:
Our nuclear capabilities include services from operational reactor support, new build and decommissioning, to nuclear defence facilities and more sensitive projects within highly regulated and secure sites. With an ever expanding nuclear portfolio, we are proud to support our customers in installing and maintaining existing assets.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with th Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please note that any CV’s submitted will be deemed as gifted to Morgan Sindall and any agency terms & conditions associated with the use of such CVs will be null and void.