Lead Commissioning Engineer
Location: West Cumbria
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for one of the most successful construction and infrastructure companies in the UK?
Morgan Sindall Infrastructure delivers some of the UKs most complex and critical infrastructure across six core sectors of energy, water, nuclear, highways, rail and aviation for public and private customers. Working on projects and long-term frameworks, we believe in connecting people, places and communities through innovative and responsible infrastructure. Our people are our business. Through their expertise, we harness innovative ideas and approaches that enable us to safely and responsibly design and deliver resilient infrastructure upon which we all rely. Morgan Sindall Infrastructure is part of Morgan Sindall Group plc, a leading UK construction and regeneration group with revenue of over £3 billion.
The Lead Engineer reports to the Commissioning Team Leader. They will carry out a managerial and technical role to deliver the creation and implementation of a commissioning strategy for your assigned area utilising the required management systems and associated practice.
You will collaborate with an internal multidisciplined project delivery team and interface with external stakeholders/vendors. You will lead the Commissioning Engineers through the lifecycle to ensure safe and effective delivery of commissioning is implemented.
The Lead Commissioning Engineer is responsible for:
- Delivery of safe commissioning testing and maintenance activities at facility.
- Identification of resource requirements.
- Delivering the commissioning work scope to an agreed strategy and plan in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Reviewing commissioning progress and performance and taking appropriate corrective actions where necessary.
- Planning, balancing and prioritizing commissioning resources to support successful delivery.
- Delivering fit for purpose work in a safe manner to meet or better the project start up, baseline cost, schedule and quality requirements.
- The effective use of the Project Delivery Fundamentals and required company practices.
- Developing and executing effective execution strategies and plans in line with the overall project strategies and plans.
- Ensuring the relevant project risks are identified and managed/mitigated as appropriate. This includes regular monitoring of the residual risks.
- Managing the structure, schedule and cost
- Ensuring safe coordination between delivery teams and the Facility
- Ensuring co-ordination with supporting team
- HNC or equivalent Level 4 qualification in a relevant engineering discipline or Incorporated
- Willing and able to travel on extended stays to various locations other than Sellafield Site in West Cumbria, the wider UK and, on occasion, overseas to meet demands of the Project delivery.
- Experience in managing an engineering or technical group delivering technical packages with demonstrable evidence of success
- Demonstrable experience in managing multi-disciplined teams
- Project management experience
- Experience in managing operations/commissioning activities in a highly regulated environment
Key Behavioural requirements
- Ability to lead a multidisciplined team in a high paced environment.
- Challenging attitude – willingness to intervene if observing unsafe acts or non-compliance – prepared to have the difficult conversation.
- Able to work collaboratively with all levels of organisation to achieve successful project output/outcomes.
- Ability to work autonomously with light touch supervision – including remotely from team (works testing etc).
About our Nuclear business unit:
Joining a growing, innovative and more than anything friendly team, you’ll be able to play your part as well as develop and learn from colleagues. Operating in the Nuclear sector for just over a decade, Morgan Sindall Infrastructure delivers services from operational reactor support, new build and decommissioning, to nuclear defence facilities and more sensitive projects within highly regulated and secure sites. With an ever-expanding Nuclear portfolio, we are proud to support our customers in installing and maintaining existing assets. The Nuclear sector is growing, changing and an innovative environment to work and operate in. We strive to deliver operational excellence and each member of our team plays their role in that.
We offer longevity currently delivering some of the biggest infrastructure projects in the UK, as part of the Programme and Project Partners (PPP). A 20-year partnership, PPP was established by Sellafield Ltd through contracts with Kellogg Brown and Root (KBR), Jacobs, Morgan Sindall Infrastructure and Doosan Babcock Ltd in 2019, to revolutionise project delivery at Sellafield and create a lasting legacy.
Future opportunities within our Infrastructure Strategic Alliance (ISA). The ISA provides Sellafield Ltd with the capability and capacity to deliver a growing programme of infrastructure projects required for an aging asset portfolio. The alliance is mainly aimed at protecting and developing the utility assets; however, it also has scope for a number of non-utility asset projects as well.
A diverse and growing portfolio with our Clyde Commercial Framework (CCF). The CCF programme ensures that the teams responsible for delivering the UK’s Continuous at Sea Deterrent (CASD) are able to live work and train in safe, state of the art facilities. The framework delivers cost effective infrastructure solutions to enable HMNB Clyde to continue to endure in its new role as the Royal Navy’s Single Integrated Operating Base.
Our projects will offer experience, development and vast degree of knowledge. The areas in which we operate in will offer you the opportunity to explore, open your mind and work in some of the most beautiful landscape within the United Kingdom.
We believe in delivering responsible nuclear and defence infrastructure.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please note that any CV’s submitted will be deemed as gifted to Morgan Sindall and any agency terms & conditions associated with the use of such CVs will be null and void.