Commissioning Engineer E&I
Location: West Cumbria
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for one of the most successful construction and infrastructure companies in the UK?
Morgan Sindall Infrastructure delivers some of the UKs most complex and critical infrastructure across six core sectors of energy, water, nuclear, highways, rail and aviation for public and private customers. Working on projects and long-term frameworks, we believe in connecting people, places and communities through innovative and responsible infrastructure. Our people are our business. Through their expertise, we harness innovative ideas and approaches that enable us to safely and responsibly design and deliver resilient infrastructure upon which we all rely. Morgan Sindall Infrastructure is part of Morgan Sindall Group plc, a leading UK construction and regeneration group with revenue of over £3 billion.
As a commissioning engineer you will be aligned to the Commissioning delivery team throughout the project lifecycle, where you will identify test requirements from the design phase, write test documentation and execute testing in line with established processes.
You will collaborate with an internal multidisciplined project delivery team and interface with external stakeholders/vendors. You will utilise your experience in your specific engineering discipline to ensure that commissioning is executed to demonstrate the safe performance of the facility.
The Commissioning Engineer is responsible for:
- Production of Commissioning Test Documentation
- Production of Plant Test Schedule, including knowledge of Requirements Management (able to interrogate Engineering Schedule, Verification & Validation requirements, interpret TRAM requirements, etc).
- Attending design reviews including developing the detail of temporary systems to enable commissioning.
- Carrying out all testing activities throughout all stages of commissioning
- Identification of faults and ability to propose and implement solutions
- Initiation and implementation of FOBs
- Witnessing of test activities
- Recording of supporting data in accordance with test requirements
- Validation of working level instructions
- Application and removal of temporary commissioning aids
- Recording of supporting data in accordance with test requirement
- Recognised engineering apprenticeship in relevant discipline.
- ONC/Level 3 qualification in relevant discipline and able to present qualification certification.
- Willing and able to travel on extended stays to various locations other than Sellafield Site in West Cumbria, the wider UK and, on occasion, overseas to meet demands of the Project delivery.
- Computer literate (MS applications including Word, Excel) with evidence of producing commissioning test documentation and reports.
- Experienced in Commissioning Engineer role.
- HNC/Level 4 qualification in relevant discipline and able to present qualification certification.
- IEng professional registration with Engineering Council.
- Experience in producing test documents.
Key Behavioural Requirements:
- Challenging attitude – willingness to intervene if observing unsafe acts or non-compliance – prepared to have the difficult conversation.
- Able to work collaboratively with all levels of organisation to achieve successful project output/outcomes.
- Ability to work autonomously with light touch supervision – including remotely from team (works testing etc).
About our Nuclear business unit:
Joining a growing, innovative and more than anything friendly team, you’ll be able to play your part as well as develop and learn from colleagues. Operating in the Nuclear sector for just over a decade, Morgan Sindall Infrastructure delivers services from operational reactor support, new build and decommissioning, to nuclear defence facilities and more sensitive projects within highly regulated and secure sites. With an ever-expanding Nuclear portfolio, we are proud to support our customers in installing and maintaining existing assets. The Nuclear sector is growing, changing and an innovative environment to work and operate in. We strive to deliver operational excellence and each member of our team plays their role in that.
We offer longevity currently delivering some of the biggest infrastructure projects in the UK, as part of the Programme and Project Partners (PPP). A 20-year partnership, PPP was established by Sellafield Ltd through contracts with Kellogg Brown and Root (KBR), Jacobs, Morgan Sindall Infrastructure and Doosan Babcock Ltd in 2019, to revolutionise project delivery at Sellafield and create a lasting legacy.
Future opportunities within our Infrastructure Strategic Alliance (ISA). The ISA provides Sellafield Ltd with the capability and capacity to deliver a growing programme of infrastructure projects required for an aging asset portfolio. The alliance is mainly aimed at protecting and developing the utility assets; however, it also has scope for a number of non-utility asset projects as well.
A diverse and growing portfolio with our Clyde Commercial Framework (CCF). The CCF programme ensures that the teams responsible for delivering the UK’s Continuous at Sea Deterrent (CASD) are able to live work and train in safe, state of the art facilities. The framework delivers cost effective infrastructure solutions to enable HMNB Clyde to continue to endure in its new role as the Royal Navy’s Single Integrated Operating Base.
Our projects will offer experience, development and vast degree of knowledge. The areas in which we operate in will offer you the opportunity to explore, open your mind and work in some of the most beautiful landscape within the United Kingdom.
We believe in delivering responsible nuclear and defence infrastructure.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please note that any CV’s submitted will be deemed as gifted to Morgan Sindall and any agency terms & conditions associated with the use of such CVs will be null and void.