*Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.*
Would you like to work for one of the most successful and secure companies within the UK Infrastructure industry with a vision to be a market leader across all of the sectors in which we operate?
Morgan Sindall provides national infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. While we are best known as engineering experts, working in sectors as diverse as nuclear, rail, water, energy, highways, and aviation, our UK wide business provides a wealth of different support function roles within human resources, commercial, IT, innovation, design, work winning / business development, safety, health, environment and quality (SHEQ), communications, procurement, and finance.
With talented people as the key to our success we operate a culture whereby personal and professional development are at the forefront of our efforts to attract and retain the best people in the industry. We are a community of diverse individuals with shared goals and a strong, supportive, and inclusive culture. Collectively, our people play an invaluable role in shaping the UK’s infrastructure and contributing to our long-term sustainable growth.
We are looking for people to join our team who not only have relevant qualifications and skills, but who understand and value our culture of pride and connection.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Highways business unit for an ambitious and talented Quantity Surveyor.
The Quantity Surveyor will maintain commercial information to the contract, satisfying the needs of both the customer and Morgan Sindall in terms of reporting contract commercial performance.
- HND or Degree in Quantity Surveying (or other commercially related discipline)
- RICS accredited
- Appropriate CSCS card
- Able to demonstrate a good knowledge of monthly reporting
- Practical knowledge of forms of contract
- Understanding of period cost reporting and comparison with budget/forecast
- Previous experience with COINS
- Experience in commercial management of sub-contractors, including chairing regular meetings, measurement and control cycle, certificates, accrual calculations and value allocation
- Knowledge of the procurement of sub-contractors
- Able to manage and effectively monitor sub-contractors with little supervision
- Knowledge of effective cost allocation management
What's in it for you?
Below is a selection of benefits that are available to you at Morgan Sindall Infrastructure.
- Generous holiday entitlement with the option to buy five days
- Flexible and adaptable working
- Family friendly policies and work/life approach
- Mentoring programmes and continuous learning support
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Recognition scheme and long service awards
- Car scheme and Private Medical Insurance (if applicable to role)
We also provide the option to participate in our share-save scheme; discounts including cycle to work and gym membership; a support and advice service for colleagues and their families, and more.
About the Highways Team:
The UK’s strategic and local road infrastructure is a vital asset for communities and businesses, supporting economic prosperity and social connectivity.
As a major tier 1 contractor and framework partner, we play a key role in providing multi-faceted engineering services to keep these vital arteries running, ensuring smoother, safer, less congested journeys for everyone.
Our teams work on complex, high-profile national motorways, trunk road schemes as well as local authority road networks to deliver comprehensive, integrated services including design and build. These infrastructure solutions are enhanced by our complementary tunnelling and bridge design and build capabilities.
Whether working on Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) schemes or construct only works, we always endeavour to share best practice and deliver progressive solutions by engaging as early as possible with our customers to maximise innovation, efficiency, and cost savings.
Driving improvement across our road network
- Delivering projects to improve road journeys for millions of people every day
- Providing improved and new access to areas for development and employment opportunities, promoting economic growth
- Implementing hard shoulder running (HSR) and introducing smart motorway technology to give reduced vehicle emissions, increased journey time reliability and cost savings of around 40 per cent compared with conventional schemes.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.