Who we are looking for: Quality Control Engineer
Location: West Cumbria
The Quality Engineer (QC) is the main point of contact for ensuring that the necessary Quality Control (QC) requirements are identified and implemented throughout the life cycle of a project or procurement. They ensure that an effective inspection service is delivered in line with the agreed inspection strategy. The role holder provides assurance that the quality of the delivery of products and services satisfy stakeholder/project requirements and meets project specifications.
The Quality Engineer (QC) will be embedded within a project area providing assurance that products and services are delivered/installed to stakeholder specifications and delivery milestones. The role holder will interact with various internal/external stakeholders and suppliers to ensure that appropriate Quality Control arrangements are established and deployed throughout the product or project lifecycle. Quality Engineers will have a proven track record in an inspection role and will have good communication and IT skills, both verbal and written.
- Providing advice and appropriate technical support to customers and suppliers on QC and Inspection issues.
- Carry out a full and comprehensive Contract Review based upon applicable drawings, specifications, and supplier performance to establish appropriate QC oversight arrangements.
- Ensuring that project quality requirements, standards & expectations, as well project specific QC requirements are clearly communicated to suppliers.
- Providing inspection oversight and advice throughout the project lifecycle.
- Assist in or carry out inspections and supervision of manufacturing or construction work.
- Assessing Inspection Reports, investigating QC related concerns and events, and identifying appropriate corrective/preventive action.
- Monitoring and trending the quality of delivery performance in their area of responsibility using performance indicators.
- Implement lessons learned and opportunities for improvement where identified.
- Assessing the ability of suppliers to meet project specified requirements and participating in Supply Chain Audits as required.
- Contribute to, and be involved in, project meetings, and subcontractor pre-contract and pre-start meetings.
- Undertake health and safety duties commensurate with the post.
- Achieving demonstrable levels of technical competence in line with the competency requirements for the role, and for maintaining skill levels through continued professional development and training.
- Accepts Inspection & Test Plans (ITPs) and other quality related documentation on behalf of the project.
- Raises any quality deviation or non-conformance as an event to trigger investigation and learning.
- Ensure that a consistently high standard of quality control and supervision is maintained on the project through recommending a cease in operations where appropriate.
To thrive in the role you will have:
Possession of CSWIP 3.1 or PCN Level II Welding Inspector certification.
Completion of a recognized apprenticeship program in Machined Parts.
Successful completion of an apprenticeship program in Electrical/Instrumentation.
Certification as a CSWIP/ICORR Level II Painting Inspector.
Supplementary Requirements to Gain Non-Destructive Testing Certification:
Liquid Penetrant Inspection (PT):
Hold PCN Level II certification.
Magnetic Particle Inspection (MT):
Possess PCN Level II certification.
Radiographic Interpretation (RT):
Certification at PCN Level II.
Ultrasonic Examination (UT):
Hold PCN Level II certification.
NDT Inspection (General):
Pass the NDT Eye Exam (S04868).
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please note that any CV’s submitted will be deemed as gifted to Morgan Sindall and any agency terms & conditions associated with the use of such CVs will be null and void.