Social Value Manager
*Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies*
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for an inclusive and collaborative company which is also one of the most successful within the UK infrastructure industry?
Social Value Manager to be involved in the Smart Motorway Alliance, National Emergency Area Retrofit work. As Social Value Manager, you will liaise with internal and external stakeholders, to plan, promote, deliver, monitor, and report on the Smart Motorways Alliance joint venture (bmjv) Social Value activities. The role will be based in our West Midlands / Central region and cover several projects on the Smart Motorways Alliance. It will also involve a mixture of working from our office, from home, on sites, and at events predominantly across the region, but with occasional travel throughout the UK. Hybrid flexible working arrangements are supported.
Ideally this role would suit an ambitious, driven individual who embraces the challenge of working within a high performing and supportive team.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- A high degree of energy and self-motivated, flexible to manage own diary and tasks
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Educated to ‘higher’ level
- Experience of community engagement and managing & maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, including the enthusiasm and ability to inspire and engage a broad cross section of stakeholders
- Knowledge and experience in National TOMs and/or similar Social Value measurement systems
- Strong organisational skills
- Able to work well within a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of EDI and the Employment and Skills agenda
- Be highly competent in MS Suite – especially Excel and PowerPoint
- A full UK driving licence and willingness to travel regularly throughout the region
What's in it for you?
Below is a selection of benefits that are available to you at Morgan Sindall Infrastructure.
- Generous holiday entitlement with the option to buy five days
- Flexible and adaptable working
- Family friendly policies and work/life approach
- Mentoring programmes and continuous learning support
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Recognition scheme and long service awards
- Car scheme and Private Medical Insurance (if applicable to role)
We also provide the option to participate in our share-save scheme; discounts including cycle to work and gym membership; a support and advice service for colleagues and their families, and more.
About the Highways Team:
The UK’s strategic and local road infrastructure is a vital asset for communities and businesses, supporting economic prosperity and social connectivity.
As a major tier 1 contractor and framework partner, we play a key role in providing multi-faceted engineering services to keep these vital arteries running, ensuring smoother, safer, less congested journeys for everyone.
Our teams work on complex, high-profile national motorways, trunk road schemes as well as local authority road networks to deliver comprehensive, integrated services including design and build. These infrastructure solutions are enhanced by our complementary tunnelling and bridge design and build capabilities.
Whether working on Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) schemes or construct only works, we always endeavour to share best practice and deliver progressive solutions by engaging as early as possible with our customers to maximise innovation, efficiency, and cost savings.
Driving improvement across our road network
- Delivering projects to improve road journeys for millions of people every day
- Providing improved and new access to areas for development and employment opportunities, promoting economic growth
- Implementing hard shoulder running (HSR) and introducing smart motorway technology to give reduced vehicle emissions, increased journey time reliability and cost savings of around 40 per cent compared with conventional schemes.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.