Section Engineer – Construction Coordinator
Package: Very Competitive including Car / Allowance, Pension, Bonus and much more
Talented people are the key to our success
Your CV will be screened by an experienced consultant, and they will get back to you within 48 hours.
Come and work for one of the most successful construction and infrastructure companies in the UK?
Morgan Sindall Infrastructure delivers some of the UKs most complex and critical infrastructure across six core sectors of energy, water, nuclear, highways, rail and aviation for public and private customers. Working on projects and long-term frameworks, we believe in connecting people, places and communities through innovative and responsible infrastructure. Our people are our business. Through their expertise, we harness innovative ideas and approaches that enable us to safely and responsibly design and deliver resilient infrastructure upon which we all rely. Morgan Sindall Infrastructure is part of Morgan Sindall Group plc, a leading UK construction and regeneration group with revenue of over £3 billion.
Section Engineer - Construction Coordinator
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Section Engineer - Construction Coordinator to join our team. As a Section Engineer, you will play a crucial role in assisting the Construction Manager in managing construction activities and ensuring the successful execution of projects. Your primary responsibility will be to support the Construction Manager in controlling and supervising the ongoing works, ensuring compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements, and meeting project objectives.
- Assist in the delivery of the construction discipline phase of the project, focusing on safety, cost, program, and quality objectives.
- Provide construction expertise and input during constructability reviews, ensuring alignment with design, work scope, and construction strategies.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the latest construction techniques and technologies through continuous personal development.
- Ensure that contractors and their supervisors are suitably qualified and experienced to carry out their roles.
- Promote a proactive and proportionate approach to nuclear safety, quality, and environmental safety, optimising their implementation on the construction site.
- Support the commercial process by preparing local instructions to contractors and effectively managing work to control costs.
- Maintain awareness of the construction strategy and plans, contributing to the construction phase plan and subsequent record keeping.
- Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory, contractual, and governance requirements, reviewing and providing comments on controlling documents submitted by contractors.
- Report progress to the Construction Manager, maintaining accurate records for safety, contractual, and quality purposes.
- Capture, share, and apply construction Lessons Learned and shared best practices.
- Liaise with plant personnel to secure necessary permissions and minimise project impact.
- Coordinate day-to-day work arrangements and ensure the safe delivery of construction activities.
- Assist in discharging Construction Design and Management (CDM) duties as required.
- Oversee the physical configuration of constructed plant through witness, surveillance, and verification of work and manufacturing records.
- Ensure that construction work is controlled in accordance with engineering arrangements and all obligations are met.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or a related field.
- Proven experience in construction coordination, preferably in a regulated industry such as nuclear or heavy engineering.
- Strong understanding of construction methodologies, safety protocols, and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with various stakeholders, including contractors, designers, and project personnel.
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices.
- Familiarity with construction documentation and quality control processes.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Relevant certifications and qualifications are a plus.
If you are a proactive and detail-oriented professional with a passion for construction coordination and a commitment to safety and quality, we invite you to apply for the Section Engineer - Construction Coordinator role. Join our team and contribute to the success of our projects while ensuring compliance with the highest industry standards.
About our Nuclear business unit:
Joining a growing, innovative and more than anything friendly team, you’ll be able to play your part as well as develop and learn from colleagues. Operating in the Nuclear sector for just over a decade, Morgan Sindall Infrastructure delivers services from operational reactor support, new build and decommissioning, to nuclear defence facilities and more sensitive projects within highly regulated and secure sites. With an ever-expanding Nuclear portfolio, we are proud to support our customers in installing and maintaining existing assets. The Nuclear sector is growing, changing and an innovative environment to work and operate in. We strive to deliver operational excellence and each member of our team plays their role in that.
We offer longevity currently delivering some of the biggest infrastructure projects in the UK, as part of the Programme and Project Partners (PPP). A 20-year partnership, PPP was established by Sellafield Ltd through contracts with Kellogg Brown and Root (KBR), Jacobs, Morgan Sindall Infrastructure and Doosan Babcock Ltd in 2019, to revolutionise project delivery at Sellafield and create a lasting legacy.
Future opportunities within our Infrastructure Strategic Alliance (ISA). The ISA provides Sellafield Ltd with the capability and capacity to deliver a growing programme of infrastructure projects required for an aging asset portfolio. The alliance is mainly aimed at protecting and developing the utility assets; however, it also has scope for a number of non-utility asset projects as well.
A diverse and growing portfolio with our Clyde Commercial Framework (CCF). The CCF programme ensures that the teams responsible for delivering the UK’s Continuous at Sea Deterrent (CASD) are able to live work and train in safe, state of the art facilities. The framework delivers cost effective infrastructure solutions to enable HMNB Clyde to continue to endure in its new role as the Royal Navy’s Single Integrated Operating Base.
Our projects will offer experience, development and vast degree of knowledge. The areas in which we operate in will offer you the opportunity to explore, open your mind and work in some of the most beautiful landscape within the United Kingdom.
We believe in delivering responsible nuclear and defence infrastructure.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please note that any CV’s submitted will be deemed as gifted to Morgan Sindall and any agency terms & conditions associated with the use of such CVs will be null and void.