2024 Nuclear Apprenticeship Opportunities
Groundworker, Carpentry and Joinery, Civil Engineering, Electrical and Mechanical Installation Maintenance, Engineering Controls and System Fitters, Construction Quantity Surveryor, Quality Control Engineer, Project Management, Project Controls, Quality Surveying, Health, Safety and Environment, Procurement, Human Resource, Finance, Digital Engineering, Quality Control, Quality Practitioner
North West – Cumbria
Please note the Bid Proposals Apprenticeship will have occasional travel to Rugby/ Manchester .
Would you like to work for an inclusive and collaborative company which is also one of the most successful within the UK Infrastructure and Construction industry?
Would you like to earn while you learn and study towards industry recognised qualifications?
• Do you have a passion for learning and enjoy collaborating with others?
• Are you interested in being part of a team that will grow your existing skills and knowledge, one that fully supports you on your career path?
If so, you should consider joining our MSI Nuclear Apprenticeship Programme
Who we are at Morgan Sindall Infrastructure
We deliver some of the UK’s most complex and critical infrastructure across six core sectors of Highways, Energy, Water, Nuclear, Rail and Aviation for public and private customers. Working on projects and long-term frameworks, we believe in connecting people, places and communities through our innovative and responsible infrastructure.
Our people are our business. Through their expertise, we harness innovative ideas and approaches that enable us to safely and responsibly design and deliver resilient infrastructure upon which we all rely. Morgan Sindall Infrastructure is part of Morgan Sindall Group plc, a leading UK construction and regeneration group with revenue of over £3 billion”
You’ll be joining an extensive and exciting portfolio of projects during an unprecedented period of growth, these projects are some of the nuclear industry’s most complex and challenging projects.
Our projects are built with our belief of being a responsible business and delivering change, whether forpeople, our environment, communities, or UK nuclear.
What you'll get
MSI Nuclear offers more than just salary and benefits; we prioritise personal development and professional qualifications. We’re here to develop the next generation of leaders, providing exposure and interaction with senior management.
You can learn more about the great benefits we have for you here,
You will be enrolled onto a suitable and chosen Apprenticeship, which is a fantastic way to learn while you earn, building valuable skills which allows you to gain a nationally recognised qualification. We offer a variety of personal development and technical training to support your well-rounded development, including the blending of hands-on and invaluable practical exposure to discipline specific abilities.
We offer a variety of Apprenticeships, across differing levels:
Ground Worker – Operative
Carpentry and Joinery
Procurement – Bid Proposals
Health, Safety and Environment Technician
Installation and Maintenance Electrician
Engineering Controls and System Fitter – Level 6 as well
Engineering Instrumentation Fitter – Level 6 as well
Engineering Mechanical Fitter – Level 6 as well
Construction Quantity Surveyor
Quality Control Engineer – Nuclear Welding Inspector
Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
Engineering Controls and System Fitter – Level 3 as well
Engineering Instrumentation Fitter – Level 3 as well
Engineering Mechanical Fitter – Level 3 as well
We have a great group of early careers currently in the business and plenty of experienced colleagues who get involved in supporting you at every step of the way, including your very own Mentor.
To be an apprentice, you must
- Hold a valid passport / birth certificate or residence permit
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- You must hold GCSEs in Maths and English at Grade C / Grade 4 or equivalent or be willing to undertake Functional Skills alongside the apprenticeship
- You should not be in full time education or be undertaking another apprenticeship by the start date
- Be 16 or over (you can apply while you are still at school, but you will need to be 16 or over by the end of the summer holidays)
- Not hold a similar level or higher-level qualification to the apprenticeship on offer unless the qualification is in an unrelated field.
- Enthusiasm for your chosen career path
- Need for flexibility – you may need to change projects and this may involve working away from your home location
- Need for travel – due to requirement to work away from your home location, you may need to be able to travel nationally sometimes at short notice. We’ll pay for travel and accommodation.
- Ideally some exposure to a construction/engineering environment
- Like all apprenticeships, off the job training will be part completed at a further Education / Higher Education or Commercial establishment, which will be a minimum of 6 hours per week
The selection process includes an online application form and submission of your CV.
We encourage interested candidates to submit their applications at the earliest opportunity, as we will be reviewing and considering applications on a first-come, first-served basis. The recruitment process may close once a sufficient number of suitable applications are received. Therefore, we recommend submitting your application promptly to ensure consideration for this position. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to reviewing your application.
If your application is successful you will be invited to panel based interview.
Advert Closing Date 25/2/24
Not quite ready to join us yet?You can also register your interest for 2025with us here[email protected]
Hear from Lauren Moore, Nuclear Apprentice
Morgan Sindall Infrastructure is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited as a Disability Confident employer. We have also been awarded platinum accreditation against the Investors in People Standard.
Please note Morgan Sindall Infrastructure is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK. We have a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies.