Would you like to work for an inclusive and collaborative company which is also one of the most successful within the UK infrastructure and construction industry?
Who we are at Morgan Sindall Infrastructure
We deliver some of the UK’s most complex and critical infrastructure across six core sectors of energy, water, nuclear, highways, rail and aviation for public and private customers. Working on projects and long-term frameworks, we believe in connecting people, places and communities through innovative and responsible infrastructure.
Our people are our business. Through their expertise, we harness innovative ideas and approaches that enable us to safely and responsibly design and deliver resilient infrastructure upon which we all rely. Morgan Sindall Infrastructure is part of Morgan Sindall Group plc, a leading UK construction and regeneration group with revenue of over £3 billion.
Our Graduate Programme
Our structured development Graduate programme covers a variety of personal development and technical training to support your well-rounded development. Our programme blends practical exposure to enhance your discipline specific abilities whilst enhancing your individual personal development during your early career.
You’ll also be offered a professional scheme mentor, to help you expand graduate membership of your specific chartered body.
We have a great group of early careers currently in the business and plenty of experienced colleagues who get involved in supporting you at every step of the way!
About the project
Our Highways team delivers everything from high-profile national projects to local schemes, whether it's new or enhanced links or renewal of existing infrastructure. We improve road journeys for millions of people every day. Our projects are built on being a responsible business, protecting people and delivering benefits to the environment and the local communities.
We currently have a range of live projects across the Country and use a range of approaches;
- Tier one supplier where we are the main contractor on the project and we work with our supply chain partners to deliver the project on behalf of National Highways.
- Partnership delivery where we are working in a joint venture with another company to deliver a programme of works for the National Highways Smart Motorway Programme.
- National Highways Scheme Delivery Framework enables us to work with other suppliers to deliver smaller projects on England’s motorways and main A roads
This role will be based on any of sites so the ability to travel is a must.
Locations - Hampshire, Oxfordshire and Midlands
What will you be doing
- Playing an active role in ensuring that our industry is a safer, healthier place to work, challenge unsafe practices and innovating new ways of working
- Providing advice and assistance so that others understand their health and safety obligations and how to achieve them.
- Supporting the SHEQ and project teams in embedding Protecting People as part of our Responsible Business Strategy.
- Supporting the H&S Manager in implementing all Health and Safety Policies, Procedures, and standards.
- Providing practical advice to the project team on the implementation of company policies and procedures with the aim of reducing risks.
- Gathering, analysing and visualising data for the benefit of the SHEQ and operational team that helps to identify trends and intervention opportunities.
- Identifying and sharing best practice, positive safety performance and learnings from incidents.
- Assisting with the review of method statements and risk assessments and ensure they are implemented.
- Supporting the delivery of H&S assurance and monitoring, through a risk based audit and surveillance regime across projects and supply chain.
- Support investigations into accidents, incidents, dangerous occurrences and near misses as directed by the H&S Manager.
- Assisting and supporting the preparation and implementation of training and briefings as directed by the H&S Manager.
- Leading by example in the management of health and safety.
- Acting as a role model for Morgan Sindall’s vision and values and behaving in ways that are in alignment with them. Encourage and support others to do so too.
What qualifications do I require?
A degree accredited by a chartered body (e.g. ICE, CIOB, RICS) at lower second or above
Ability to travel or drive to remote site locations if needed
Ideally some exposure to a construction/engineering environment. However, this is not essential
Motivation to achieve professional accreditation
You will need the ability to:
- Set goals and secure the right resources to achieve them
- Look for opportunities in difficult situations
- Speak engagingly by using facts and examples to support my point
- Show I am listening by using open ended questions to deepen my understanding
- Help others to stay positive, by helping them see opportunities
- Develop ideas by considering different perspectives
- Contribute to group decision making, whilst recognising the value of other ideas
- Speak adaptively by changing the content depending on the response of listeners
- Manage time and share resources to support completing tasks
- Work well with others by understanding and respecting diversity of others' cultures, beliefs, and backgrounds
- Listen to others and record important information as I do
Deadline for applications to be received is midnight 28th January 2024
Why join our team?
In our vibrant community, you will discover a wealth of experienced colleagues, eager to support you through your Morgan Sindall journey.
Your success matters to us that is why we offer a dedicated professional scheme mentor. This experienced guide will help you navigate the path to chartership with your specific chartered body. Their insights an encouragement will be invaluable, ensuring you are not just on the right path but achieving your goals.
Please visit Working with us | Morgan Sindall Infrastructure to understand our values and company benefits.
We work on a range of exciting projects in various locations across the UK, you can read more about them here.
Morgan Sindall Infrastructure is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited as a Disability Confident employer. We have also been awarded platinum accreditation against the Investors in People Standard.
Please note Morgan Sindall Infrastructure is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK. We have a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies.